Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are subject to these Terms and Conditions, the attached booking form and a Licence Agreement. If the occupant is under 18 years of age, the Agreement must be signed by both the student and parent/guardian as keys will not be released until this is in place, together with all monies due by that date and passport photograph.
- Each application for accommodation is not a confirmed booking and The Abbey Partnership reserves the right to decline any application. Applications are processed on a strictly “first come, first served” basis and successful applicants will be confirmed in writing. Rooms cannot be booked without receipt of booking deposit and if rooms are filled in the interim The Abbey Partnership are not obliged to provide accommodation.
- Applicants are accepted for the entire occupancy period 1st September 2021 to 20th May 2022. Any student who takes up residence and for whatever reason subsequently vacates their rooms, will not be refunded their booking/security deposit. Management reserve the right to refill any vacant apartments / rooms as they see fit.
- Following confirmation that a room is available, we will hold that room for a period of 5 working days to allow payment of the booking/security deposit €300.00. Payment of the deposit can be made by way of cheque, bank draft or postal orders payable to the Abbey Partnership, or by credit transfer to the following account:
|BANK NAME:||ALLIED IRISH BANK|
|ACCOUNT NAME:||THE ABBEY PARTNERSHIP|
|IBAN:||IE95 AIBK 9340 0301 5691 74|
- We will endeavour to provide you with your preference of room however this may not always be possible. If all places are filled in the interim, The Abbey Partnership are not obliged to provide accommodation.
- The accommodation fees, energy contribution and service charges must be paid by the dates as set out in the booking form attached, otherwise it will result in late payment fees, or your booking may be cancelled, at the management’s discretion.
- This booking/security deposit will be refunded to occupants within 8 weeks of the end of academic term, subject to room/apartment inspection and confirmation that the property has been left in satisfactory condition. Any damages necessitating expenditure on replacements or repairs will be deducted from the booking/security deposit.
- Our electricity provider issue bills to The Abbey Partnership on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. Payments due will be divided amongst all the occupants in the apartment and then deducted from the Energy Contribution and paid. Unused monies, if any, will be returned within 8 weeks of the end of academic term. Should your share of the electricity charges incurred exceed your contribution paid, you will be required to pay for the additional electricity consumed.
- The Abbey Partnership do not set the electricity charges nor do we have any control over the residents’ usage of electricity.
- The accommodation is not to be utilised for anything other than residential and academic purposes. All rooms are for single occupancy and restricted for your personal use only. Visitors are not permitted to remain overnight in the accommodation. Sub-letting is not permitted.
- You are obliged to maintain the property in a clean and hygienic condition at all times, including all fixtures, fittings, furniture, installations, sanitary fittings and appliances and not damage same. The accommodation must be left on termination of occupancy, howsoever determined, in a clean and orderly condition as given to you on occupation. A cleaning fee will be deducted from the booking/security deposit in respect of a breach of this condition.
- Management reserve the right to enter and inspect the accommodation at all times. Any damage to the property will be charged to the student responsible. Where responsibility cannot be attributed to a particular student, liability for damages will be joint & several between the occupants in any one apartment.
- Occupants must not create unnecessary noise or nuisance, and are expected to behave in a respectful manner to fellow occupants. You are not permitted to hold or attend parties on the premises, play loud music or to congregate in large numbers. Abuse of alcohol or drugs will not be tolerated, and it is not permitted to store unlawful substances or materials on the premises, any breaches of which will result in immediate dismissal. Management reserve the right to contact the occupant’s parents/guardians and/or the attending College or University regarding any serious incidents.
- Smoking is “strictly prohibited” anywhere on the premises.
- You are not allowed to hang or expose laundry outside the building.
- Bicycles can only be placed in designated areas.
- No pets are allowed on the premises.
- Ball playing is strictly prohibited.
- Whilst you are in the apartment, windows must be opened or tilted daily for ventilation to prevent condensation.
- A limited number of on-site car parking spaces are available at Courtville Apartments and only those occupants who have registered their cars with reception are permitted to park there. Parking for registered vehicles is on a ‘first come first served’ basis and is entirely at the owners’ risk, and there is no guarantee that spaces will be available at any given time. Unregistered vehicles are liable to be clamped and a fee will be charged for release.
- The Abbey Partnership is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property or possessions. No responsibility will be accepted for any personal items left in the accommodation after vacation thereof.
- Occupants provide their own bed linen, duvets, pillows and towels. These items are available at a cost from Reception, but must be ordered in advance of moving in.
- Under no circumstances can you part with your room/apartment keys to anyone for the purpose of gaining access to the complex and you must immediately report any loss thereof to Reception and indemnify The Abbey Partnership in respect of any loss/damage which may be occasioned as a result. Lost keys are subject to a €40 replacement charge.
- Nothing in this agreement shall constitute a landlord/tenant relationship within the meaning of the Landlord and Tenant Acts, or otherwise.
- The Abbey Partnership reserves the right to terminate the provision of accommodation immediately if for any reason or otherwise it decides to do so.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as indicating that The Abbey Partnership will provide accommodation continuously in any particular room or rooms. The Abbey Partnership reserves the right to vary the location of the accommodation from time to time anywhere within the complex.
- It is strictly forbidden to remove any items / property of The Abbey Partnership from the complex.
- First year students – in the event of written cancellation by 5.00 pm on 20th August 2021 €150.00 of the booking deposit is refundable. There will be no booking deposit refunded for cancellation after that date.
- All other students – In the event of written cancellation by 5.00 pm on 16th July 2021 €150.00, of the booking deposit is refundable. There will be no booking deposit refund for cancellation after this date.
The Abbey Partnership
Unit 1a, Courtville Apartments, Rossa Avenue, Cork
|Accommodation offered at:|
|A. COURTVILLE APARTMENTS, ROSSA AVENUE, BISHOPSTOWN, CORK|
|B. ABBEY WHARF, NORTH MALL, CORK|
|C. NORTH ABBEY STREET, CORK|